Please also read Mobido’s Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
Information We Collect
Mobido receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You may provide your email address or mobile phone number to create a Mobido account. You may also provide your personal name, birthdate, your childs name, or your parents email address.
- Your Cards. Cards provide information about one of your personas, and Mobido supports multiple personas for each account. For each card you may provide a nickname, profile picture, tagline, and other descriptive information.
- Your Messages. Your messages are stored on your own device and on our servers.
- Your Connections. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a list of your contacts for you, and such groups and lists get associated with your account information.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
- Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- Third-Party Services. We allow you to use our Services in connection with third-party services such as bots. If you use our Services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them; for example, if you use the Mobido share button on a news service to share a news article with your Mobido contacts, groups, or broadcast lists on our Services, or if you choose to access our Services through a mobile carrier’s or device provider’s promotion of our Services. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
How We Use Information
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
- Communications About Our Services. We communicate with you about our Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our Services.
- No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on Mobido. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
- Commercial Messaging. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using Mobido, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, you may receive flight status information for upcoming travel, a receipt for something you purchased, or a notification when a delivery will be made. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spammy experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honor the choices you make.
Information You And We Share
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Account Information. Your email address and phone number, profile name and photo, nicknames and taglines, last seen status, receipts, and other information you provide in your profile may be available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
- Your Contacts and Others. Users with whom you communicate may store or reshare your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Services. You can use your Services settings and the block feature in our Services to manage the users of our Services with whom you communicate and certain information you share.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
- Third-Party Services. When you use third-party services that are integrated with our Services, they may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use add a third-party bot to a chat, they will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
Assignment, Change Of Control, And Transfer
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Chat Membership. You can change the members of a chat to manage certain information available to other users. Only members of a chat can access cards and messages in that chat. Be mindful that once information is cached by a client device or third-party, it may still be available after membership has been removed.
- Changing Your Card Nicknames, Taglines, Pictures, and Other Information. You can also change your card nicknames, taglines, profile picture, and other related information at any time.
- Deleting Your Cards and Chats. You may delete any of your cards at any time. From the My Cards list, tap edit, then select the cards to delete. You can delete any chat you created at any time. From within the chat, tap the more options icon, then select Delete chat. You can also delete chat messages by long pressing the message, and selecting delete. If you only delete our Services from your device without using our in-app delete features, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you delete your information, it does not affect the information other users and third-parties have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
- Deleting Your Childs Account. You may delete your childs Mobido account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my child account feature. Be mindful that if you only delete our Services from your childs device without using our in-app delete my account feature, your childs information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you delete your childs account, it does not affect the information other users or third-parties have relating to you child, such as their copy of the messages your child sent them.
Law And Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, Mobido, or others.
Our Global Operations
Updates To Our Policy